Detail from Ancient Greek black-figured dinos (wine-bowl) with the first chariot in the procession

Detail from Ancient Greek black-figured dinos (wine-bowl) with the first chariot in the procession
“Sophilos Dinos” (wine-bowl) showing guests arriving at the wedding of Thetis and Peleus. In the first car -Zeus and Hera, 2nd-Poseidon and Amphitrite. Source: British Museum (Wikicommons)

Thursday, August 17, 2017

How to grow your readership, tips for my fellow bloggers

"You'll have far more better luck toughening yourself up than you will ever will trying to take the teeth out of a world that is-at best-indifferent- to your existence." Ryan Holiday, The Obstacle is the Way.

 I have never made a statement before. I will make a statement here today, a clarification of sorts. (These are not the terms of use, which you can find in fine print at the bottom).

"I write my blog for the alpha male audience. This is an alpha male blog. The tone of it is decisive and incisive. Those that benefit most are those hungry for achievement, those that are not happy with the status quo. If you are a dad swimming in money who is nursing three kids and is proud of it, you're better off staying away. I reckon my writings are wasted on you. But you already know that. There is nothing inherently wrong with what you do, you've got your fill already and you're not looking to climb another mountaintop. Keep hugging that money bag of yours, Harvard dad. Keep munching on your mucus, Harvard son.

Beta males aren't going to find something for them in these pages. I don't serve up easy traits. If you're looking for the silver platter and don't want to put up the hard work, you are wasting your time here. Anyway, reading doesn't make an alpha male, doing is. Occasionally, I will use the F word here and other real life language. If you are offended in any way, drop out. I don't write for women, either (although I've placed pictures of food). Other than the nosy reporter, I have very few female readers. But those females, they are not your average female. They are far and between. They are the ninjas who will deck your cock in the middle of the night demanding that you punch their starfish. They are the go-getters who fly like majestic eagles across the prairie. They are the cream of the crop, the Danaerys Targaryens of the world. There is no limit to what a woman can achieve if she sets her mind to it."

That is what I had to say. 

-Max


So, fellow bloggers and writers, you can already see I have small audience, the 3% or less of the general population, maybe 5% of fintwit. Even so, in the span of one year I managed to get more page views that I could have imagined (60-90,000/month) and from 29 Twitter followers to 27K+. The most important thing is that you write content that is original. Some have said-appropriately-that the blogger platform is not the best. It isn't. Keep in mind WordPress has more tools, like automatic keyword linking, Plugin Hero, SEO internal linking.

Here is how you can make money of a blog:

1. With advertisers (largest audiences blogs: ROK, Tim Ferris's blog, etc.)
2. Freemium model, where a section of the blog is a paid-only section (Mark Manson's $3/day)
3. Selling an intellectual property item such a book, then expand to speaking fees and engagements for people who get traction.
4. Lowest cost and lowest reward: affiliate marketing.
5. Some people promote the Donate Now button, needless to say this is an improbable and unreliable at best source of income. The most popular donation setup is through Patreon. I don't use it.

Coming back to my small audience, I say: Who needs to have a larger slice ? Most people are idiots, anyway. I don't need those people reading my blog. These are perpetual losers who surf the Internet all day long looking for a dopamine shot in the arm. They are easily swayed and usually hold extreme political opinions. In the past year the largest part of the manosphere (men's issues writers) took alt right positions. They have become Donald Trump champions. Why ? Maybe they think some of Trump's wealth will rub of them [hint: it won't].  Maybe they look up to him as an alpha male. I've also written about Trump but strictly analyzing his skills and power conveying manner. I never bought into the Trump act. These guys that now champion Trump are easy bait and have given in a poisoned, unhealthy political cause. They are not even worth mentioning.



There is still some good men's material free of political alt right venom:

Got Pickup This is an awesome blog, lots of videos from the top masters (Mystery, etc.)

Black Dragon Blog :Learn about The Three Levels of Dating Mastery, Alpha 2.0.  This blog is not written by any college monkey, an experienced veteran in the game tells you about women.

The Art of Manliness established blog and podcast, doesn't need me to get more traffic, good read.

On Reddit that are threads that are gold, there even more that are garbage. Reddit can be a good resource if you know exactly what you are looking for. [Warning: there are moderators out there that stink].


Picture credit: Inverse.com

Finally, if you've achieved success, you will have haters. Detractors. It is not worth my time to critique other writers. A lot of people out there sell snake oil. Do you need me to call them out ?  I mean, I can do that if you want me to, I've got at least one good example in mind. They've called me all things. They've said I was a Google bot. That I was a savage. That I was a nerd. If I am a nerd, that's some sort of nerd that puts up a hell of a fight.

Search engine ranking: my search engine ranking is low-to-medium, for example, in August 2017, showed on page 3 in Google search for "wall street financier".

On my to-do-list: more book reviews, conference talks and polls. I'll get to it.

TERMS of USE:
Reliance on this post, blog, or any links therein for any personal decision of any kind, including legal, investment, medical or other professional advice is expressly disclaimed. Content not suitable for all readers. No comment, question or remark shall be, or be construed as an express or implied promise, undertaking, contract or agreement or a waiver of any part of this disclaimer, or applicable laws. Not responsible for errors, omissions or any content applications or implications. 
'wall street financier' search terms







12 comments :

  1. Harvard Dad goes to the supermarket and notices an attractive woman waving at him.
    She says hello.
    He’s rather taken aback because he can’t place where he knows her from.
    So he says, "Do you know me?"
    To which she replies, "I think you’re the father of one of my kids."
    Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife and says, "My God, are you the stripper from my bachelor party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies watching while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery?"
    She looks into his eyes and says calmly, "No, I’m your son’s teacher."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the blog is not making money-yet-, what do you do ? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WordPress is the better platform, and using Disqus for comments. Blogger is holding you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background is supposed to be a slideshow but it only works in mobile. Must be a bug. Yet some people want a fixed background and complained about poor readability when it was changing smoothly.

      Delete
  4. Here's what the religious texts don't tell you, and if they can't hide it, they obfuscate.

    The original creation story: it wasn't Adam that was the first one. It was a glorious androgynous being akin to the angels. Then the whole downfall followed, and we are where we are now.


    :img:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/162833342754269162:eimg:

    ReplyDelete
  5. :youtube:BhRFmm140mM:eimg:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :img:http://i.trailersmashine.com/uploads/2010/04/mila-jovovich-milla-jovovich-by-vincent-peters_3.jpg:eimg:

      Delete
  6. Does Danaerys need a hero ? She looks hungry like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Max,

    When I do a search for wall street best blogs first results out is Brunettefromwallstreet. Is that you ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me if it's you.
    http://brunettefromwallstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about that...NSFW...Picture credit: Hedgeho (20 hottest girls in bikini)

    :img:http://www.hedgeho.com/wp-content/gallery/bikinis/Hottest-girls-bikini-2.jpg:eimg:

    ReplyDelete

To embed an image, please use this code: :img:IMAGEURL:eimg:
For videos, :youtube:VIDEO ID HERE:eyoutube: