Saturday, August 13, 2016

How much money can you make selling private aircraft ?

I asked myself that question, and started asking successful aircraft brokers.

Aircraft brokers, on average take a 1 % commission (realistically), depending on the size and marketability of the aircraft.



So suppose that you're selling this aircraft for example,

a Dassault Falcon 50, Year 1994, TTAF(Total Time Airframe) 6,855 hrs. -it was listed last year at $2.5 MM. Full details here. Comission: $25,000.

Note: Video below may be a different aircraft.



For most important considerations to aircraft purchases,  I recommend reading NetJets Buyers Guide

Arguably the most qualified and reputable brokers  are NARA (National Aircraft Resale Association) certified and adhere to NARA's Code of Ethics.






2 comments :

  1. As long as you are a good salesperson and can articulate an interest in private aviation you should be able to sale planes. List of brokers http://www.businessair.com/aviation-business-directory/aircraft-dealers-and-aircraft-brokers. Keep track of those manufacturers that have ramped up production (Embraer in Melbourne, Fl, Cessna in Wichita, Ks). A lot of brokers are located in private aviation hubs (airports)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pass. I make more than $300K at the moment. I'll need to wait at least 5 years until I can scale up to my level. Cost-benefit analysis.

    ReplyDelete

To embed an image, please use this code: :img:IMAGEURL:eimg:
For videos, :youtube:VIDEO ID HERE:eyoutube:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...